The Upward Bound program consists of two phases.
Phase 1: The Academic Year Component emphasizes academic achievement and goal setting. This component includes:
- Student/parent Orientation
- Grade Specific workshops/seminars
- Financial Aid workshops
- UGA Campus Facilities
- After school weekly tutorial sessions
- School Visitation at the target high schools
- College visits, Field trips, including cultural/educational enrichment
- Student Leadership workshops
- Academic, career, personal college admission and financial aid counseling
- Parental Involvement/parent Association
Phase 2: The Summer Residential Component is the most intensive aspect of the Upward Bound year. This component includes:
- Six weeks of classes on the University of Georgia campus in math through pre-calculus, foreign language, laboratory science, composition/literature, computer technology and various elective enrichment classes.
- Residential living, planned programming, related to career, recreational, health issues, social issues and other relevant information for young adults.
- Campus tours, special events and cultural activities.
- Team Building
- Academic Assistance
|TRIO News & Announcements|
UB - Applications and Forms
|UB - Application Form|
UB - Contact Info
|Upward Bound Program
University of Georgia
315 Milledge Hall
Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-4128
Fax: (706) 542-4592