The parents/guardians of Upward Bound participants are expected to support the program by encouraging their child to participate actively in all activities, to attend school regularly, to study at home, and to seek enrollment in a post secondary educational program. Parents/Guardians are also expected to participate in the Parent/Guardian Upward Bound Association, to attend meetings, orientation and periodic workshops.
In addition, the program counselors regularly contact parents/guardians concerning student's performance.
UPWARD BOUND PARENTS' ASSOCIATION
The purpose, goals and objective of the UGA Upward Bound Parents' Organization are as outlined below:
To endeavor and create a spirit of community pride in the UGA Upward Bound Program through participation in programs and projects desired to promote the educational needs of all students. To encourage participation from Federal, State, and Local government; private industry, and the general public as a whole to provide financial assistance, workshops, seminars and other opportunities to students of the Upward Bound Program.
To become and remain aware of the goals and objectives of the UGA Upward Bound Program and to function as a separate group that provides support and encourages the academic, cultural, and social development of all students in the Program at the University of Georgia.
- To be supportive of the Rules and Regulations of the UGA Upward Bound Program as they are stated in the Upward Bound Handbook.
- To provide input and feedback to the Director of the UGA Upward Bound Program to enhance the overall objectives of the Program.
- To do fund-raising for students of the UGA Upward Bound Program.
- To participate in ongoing workshops for the parents.
- To help the UGA Upward Bound Program staffs recruit and retain students after admittance to the Program.
- To initiate and plan programs that will promote the educational, social and cultural prowess of the students in the UGA Upward Bound Program.
- To help identify, mobilize and utilize resources, both public and private in a concerted effort to promote the educational needs of students in the UGA Upward Bound Program.
|TRIO News & Announcements|
UB - Applications and Forms
|UB - Application Form|
UB - Contact Info
|Upward Bound Program
University of Georgia
315 Milledge Hall
Athens, GA 30602
Phone: (706) 542-4128
Fax: (706) 542-4592